The Swedish Inventors' Association
Founded in 1886, SUF, the Swedish Inventors' Association is the world's oldest inventor association and Sweden's only national professional organisation for inventors. SUF plays an important role in promoting innovation in the Swedish society:
- SUF aims at improving the conditions for inventors
- SUF is a body to which a proposed measure is referred for consideration
- SUF is a creator of public opinion in favour of inventors
- SUF has unique knowhow and contacts within the field of innovation
- SUF provides service and information regarding innovation
- SUF covers questions regarding patent legislation and acts in the interest of inventors
SUF is an active and recognised partner in the field of development and innovation and an inventor's natural contact at the early stage of the chain of innovation.
Today, there are about 2500 members, including individual members as well as companies. Members range from active professional inventors to persons interested in the field of innovation. SUF collaborates with about 40 regional associations who meet every other year for the Parliament of Swedish Inventors.
Objectives and activities
One of the objectives of SUF is networking between its individual members and the different parties within the field of innovation such as financing, marketing etc. by organising meetings, seminars, visits and and by participating in fairs. Special activities and projects concern women.
- SUF has a special service for members, offering reduced fees for renewal of annual fees for patents, design, and trademarks
- The professional journal Uppfinnaren & Konstruktören is distributed to the members (6 issues per year).
- Special training courses are organised for inventors who want to improve their knowledge of the different stages in developing an idea into a product.
SUF is a member of IFIA, the International Federation of Inventors Associations.
For more information about the Swedish Inventors' Association, please send an email or give us a call at +46 8 545 164 70.